Tuesday, March 24, 2015



Why I Chose the Miss International Pageant?  When asked during appearances what pageant system I represent, I am proud to state The International Pageant System.  For the general (non-pageant) public, Miss America and Miss USA are the only two they are familiar with.  So once I explain the differences in these systems and the Miss International Pageant, they are inspired to ask more questions.

My answer is simple.  The International Pageant system is a sisterhood for young ladies and married women which embraces community, diversity and purpose.  When I competed in the system as a teen in 2004, I was overwhelmed with such dedication the International staff extends to all the contestants and the lasting friendships you develop.  So, returning to the system this year gives me a feeling like I’m “returning home!

With my title as Miss District of Columbia International 2015, I not only have the privilege of wearing a beautiful crown and rhinestone sash for a year’s reign; but I have the amazing opportunity to make a difference by promoting my platform to “Reduce Student Loan Debt” in the District of Columbia and surrounding eastern states.   Throughout the years, local, state and international queens have become successful business owners, motivational speakers, senate representatives, community leaders and news anchors, to name a few, following their reign.



So when asked why I chose to be a part of the “pageant family” called International Pageants?   My response is WHO WOULDN’T? 
If you are in search for a pageant with a:  platform, purpose and sisterhood, International Pageants is the one to call “home”!


“Helping those who Give back, Pay back!”
Keia Brown, Miss District of Columbia International 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment