Saturday, December 20, 2014

Girlz With Glam End of the Year Party

Girlz with Glam Founder & Young ladies

I was recently invited by Ms. Angelica Bowman, founder of Girlz with Glam to be a guest speaker at their "End of the Year" Party.  Girlz with Glam is a non-profit organization for creative positive change in the Washington Metropolitan region.  Its focus is to empower, encourage and support young ladies between the ages of 10-18, to dream BIG!





During the event, I had the opportunity to speak to the young ladies about 1) building self-confidence, 2) my experience in pageantry, 3) and my platform, SponsorChange.  I have to admit, the best part was teaching the girls how to "rock the runway."  The girls had a lot of fun and made my evening.



Holding the title of Miss District of Columbia International is partly about the crown and sash, but the greatest gift is experiencing the opportunities to interact with the community and hopefully make a difference in someone's lives.

Thank you to the girls of Girlz With Glam, and its founder, Ms. Bowman for the invitation.  I had a "glamourous" time with you all!

"There is no tool for development more effective than the empowerment of women." - Kofi Annan

Keia Brown
Miss District of Columbia International 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment