Saturday, February 14, 2015

National Wear Red Weekend 2015

February 6, 2015 was this year's National Wear Red Day in observance of the Go Red for Women Campaign.  I was proud to wear my red to work that day and even encouraged my co-workers to embrace the initiative.  I organized an afternoon "RED Party" where red-themed desserts were enjoyed by all.


Later that evening, I was invited by the American Heart Association- Greater Washington Region to attend the Crystal Couture Sale & Fashion Show in Crystal City, Virginia as a special guest.  The local designers and retailers featured their clothing on the runway, which was aired live on a local radio station.

On Monday, February 9th, I volunteered at the American Heart Association Greater Washington Region's Affair of the Heart Luncheon & Fashion Show as a Social Media Correspondent.  The event was a sold out show and was a huge success.  The grand ballroom and VIP Room were overwhelmed with exhilarating energy and passion for the cause to fight heart disease.  I was extremely proud and humbled to be a part of this year's event.





Fashion Show by Bloomingdale's

To become a volunteer with your American Heart Association chapter, please visit www.heart.org

"Life is Why!" - American Heart Association

Keia Brown
Miss District of Columbia International 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment